Hot Water Cornbread Recipe
The recipe for hot water cornbread is traditional and old-fashioned, which you will surely enjoy. These are the cakes that are not baked but fried and served with maple syrup and honey.
The popularity of this recipe comes from its affordability. The recipe mainly used only three ingredients, i.e., water, cornmeal, and fat.
Why is a Recipe For Hot Water Cornbread Popular?
According to some people, this CornbreadCornbread serves its purpose as a part of the meat, soaking the sauces present in the pot licker or meat juices.
Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
Recipe For Hot Water Cornbread
1. Melt butter in a 10- or 12-inch pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to a depth of around 12 inches. While making the cornmeal, heat the oil.
2. Mix the cornmeal and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Mix everything.Stir in hot water gradually.
4. Mix everything until you get a moist, sticky dough. If necessary, add additional water to get the desired consistency.
5. When the oil is hot enough (approximately 375 degrees F), shape little dough patties.
6. Lower the patties into the heated oil with caution.
7. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the color is a medium golden brown.
8. Cook until browned on the second side.
9. Exclude from the oil and drain on a rack or paper towel-lined plate.
10. Serve at room temperature or heated.
Jalapeno is the perfect partner for CornbreadCornbread. I love this combo, as it goes perfectly with many dishes, whether BBQ or different soups.
What to Eat With Cornbread?
Many people love the combination of sweet and salty. If you are of them, try some honey drizzle on CornbreadCornbread.
Cheese is something that enhances the flavor of every dish. You can choose from different variety of dishes.
You can use a different variety of pork products that go well with cornbread.