STEAK AND POTATOES Recipe
2 large potatoes
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese + more for topping
2 tbsp chopped chivessalt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the twice baked potatoes
400 g sirloin steak, on the bone (Rib-eye, fillet or rump can be substituted)2 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
juice of ½ lemon
Ingredients For the
garlic thyme butter steak
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F for the twice-baked potatoes. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until they can easily be pierced with a sharp knife.
2. Halve the roasted potatoes out of the oven and cut them in half. Scoop out the meat with care.
3. Mash the cooked potato with cream cheese, grated cheese and chives and season to taste.
4. Fill the potato skins with the filling and extra grated cheese. Return to the oven for a final 10-15 minutes of baking, or until brown and bubbly.
5. To cook the steak, heat a cast-iron pan over high heat.
6. Season the steak with salt and pepper before searing it for 2 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired doneness.