The article contains a brief overview on Conversion of 1 clove of garlic to tsp. Whether you are trying something new recipe in your kitchen or using the medicinal properties of garlic to cure something, you probably get confused in measuring the amount of garlic to put.
For instance, how many teaspoons are in a clove of garlic, all measurements about minced garlic or garlic powder portions in teaspoon or tablespoons?
Let's check out the Conversion of clove of garlic to tsp!
Conversion of 1 Clove of Garlic to Tsp
The Number of cloves depends on the size of the garlic. However, in a medium-size garlic bulb, about 10 to 12 cloves of garlic are present. And if we talk about a single garlic clove, it is roughly estimated that it is equal to 1 and 1/2 tsp of garlic.
Conversion of 1 Clove of Garlic to Tbsp
As I said above, the shape and size of each bulb of garlic are different. Hence, these measurements are a basic guideline or idea for you to help if you have any queries regarding measures or Conversion.
Conversion of Garlic Clove to Minced Garlic
If you are trying some new recipe, and you find a tsp of minced garlic in ingredients. You probably consider that how much you should cut from the clove of garlic.
When You minced the clove of garlic, one small clove of garlic gives you about 1/2 teaspoon, and one large clove yields about 1.5 teaspoons.
Conversion of Garlic Clove to Garlic Powder
Due to its intense flavor, garlic powder is used widely worldwide as a seasoning or condiment.
Garlic powder can easily be substituted for fresh cloves if you buy pure garlic powder. You only need about 1/8th of a teaspoon of garlic powder per clove of garlic – it's worth starting small and tasting as you go!
How to Chop Garlic?
Chopped garlic is very common in Italian dishes such as Pizzas, sauces, or pasta. However, it can be used in various dishes such as stews, soups, or other vegetable dishes. Once you know how to chop the garlic perfectly, you can quickly try each dish and cook it perfectly.
Here are a few steps you have to follow to chop the garlic perfectly:
- Smack the clove of garlic on the counter, or you can use the knife to twist it until the cloves of the garlic fall out.
- Once all the cloves are broken off, use the knife to remove the tip of them. By this, you can easily remove the skin of the garlic clove.
- Take one clove of garlic at a time and use a gentle motion of the knife to chop the cloves in the desired size.
- If you are not going to use the chopped garlic simultaneously, you can store them in a fridge by placing them in a container using olive oil to cover them.
- However, you can also use a food processor if you want to save time.
Now, as you know to measure the cloves of garlic, you can simply go for whatever recipe you want. Share your views on the above article or your experience with the recipe you tried in your pantry.